Intervention 2011 Attendee Rules and Information:
1. Please do not damage the convention space. We like the hotel and the hotel likes us; we want to keep it that way. This includes painting or sketching on walls (except for the function rooms that have dry-erase walls), slamming doors, etc. Please do not hang any flyers on any wall or other surface of the hotel or convention space; we will have a specialized area for hanging/placing flyers.
2. Please wear your attendee badges at all times. There will be badge checkers throughout the convention space and you will be asked to return with your badge if you do not have it on you in order to access convention areas.
3. Intervention and the hotel are not responsible for missing items. Any bag(s) or other items left unattended around the convention space will likely be picked up by either an Intervention staffer or another attendee and be taken to Lost and Found in Intervention Security (the Twinbrook room) or to the hotel; please check with both places to locate your item. The item may be turned over to the police if deemed necessary.
4. Please step off the main path to take photos. If someone asks you for a photo, please make sure you step out of the way of traffic, entrances, stairs, and escalators so that everyone else can still get by and no one gets trampled.
5. Please remember that, in your hotel room, there are other rooms next to you. If you and several of your friends are talking, your neighbor can likely hear you. If your neighbor, an Intervention staffer, or someone from Hotel staff comes to your room to ask you to quiet down, please be considerate and re- duce the noise to a dull roar or perhaps find someplace else to talk.
6. The legal drinking age in Maryland is 21. Do not drink alcohol at Intervention if you are younger than 21. If you are of legal age to drink, do not carry open al- cohol throughout the convention space. Keep it to the bar, other appropriate areas where alcohol is being sold by the hotel, or your hotel room.
7. Please don’t run,play tag, or throw things inside the convention space. Please also don’t carry a radio, iPod or other device that is playing music at a loud volume (only you should be able to hear it). Please use basic common sense.
Over 18 Events: Some events at Intervention are intended for an adult audience; you will need to present your legal ID at the door, showing that you are 18 or older, in order to attend these events. The following IDs will be accepted: US passport, permanent resident card, drivers license, government-issued ID card with date of birth (federal, state, or local), military ID.
Costume Prop Guidelines
To ensure the general safety of Intervention’s attendees, we can’t allow people to carry the following types of weapons or props:
- Live steel of any kind including knives, swords, axes, martial arts equipment, or any other type of bladed weapon.
- Any weapon/prop that could currently or in the past shoot a projectile (includes water, aerosols/sprays, Airsoft guns, toy bows, etc.).
- Anything generally awkward to carry, or that can’t be controlled by the person carrying (i.e., it is so heavy that you are consistently dropping it in the hallway, or cannot keep it from swinging into other attendees). Intervention staff will be the final determinant as to whether something is too awkward or too dangerous to be carried around the convention.
- Any item that is deemed to be too awkward or dangerous to carry must either be taken to the attendee’s hotel room, car, or checked with the hotel bag check, or otherwise removed from the active areas of the convention.
Convention badges ensure your access to all convention events and must be worn where visible at all times while in convention space. Your legal name will be written on the back of your badge; you can put whatever you want on the front. You must have your badge with you to get into any convention event. If you find a convention badge, please turn it into Security; you likely will make a fellow con-goer very happy.
The Chairs or any Vice Chair of Intervention reserve the right to revoke the badge of any attendee not following or ignoring these rules and guidelines and to request that person leave the convention without a refund.
Badge Replacement Policy
In the event you lose your badge, please check with both with Intervention’s Lost and Found as well as the hotel’s version. If neither location has your badge, you may purchase a new badge at Registration for a reduced price with proof of registration. If you pre-registered, please show your photo ID to the Registration staff and they will locate your registration in our pre-registration list. If you registered at the convention, please bring your receipt as well as your photo ID as proof of registration.
Replacement for single day badge: $10, Replacement for full weekend badge: $20
Generally, no refunds will be issued for at-door registrations purchased at the convention. Exceptions may be made on the sole discretion of either the Convention Chairs or Treasurer. Refund requests must be made during the convention. These personnel may be located by going to the Information Booth and asking that one of them be contacted via the convention radio.
Lost and Found
We know that sometimes, no matter how hard we try, things get left behind; at Intervention, we’re lucky enough to have wonderful people (you!) that routinely find these things and want to do everything possible to reunite these lost items with their rightful owners. The lost and found department will be available at Intervention Security for people to drop off and pick up lost items so if you’re missing something, come check with us. Please don’t forget to check with the hotel, too, just in case.
Please bear in mind that Intervention and the hotel are not responsible for missing items. Any item that is deemed potentially unsafe may be turned over to the police. If you lose an item at Intervention or have a found item you’d like to help return to its owner and you don’t find it/have a chance to drop it off before the convention ends, please contact Security with the subject line “Lost and Found.” If we have your lost item, we will happily make arrangements to return it to you.
Notice Regarding Audio/Video Recording at Intervention 2011
You will be entering an area where photography, video and audio recording may occur. By entering the event premises and/or your participation in this event you are consenting to the use of your photograph, likeness or video or audio recording in whole or in part without restriction or limitation for any educational, promotional,
any purpose for distribution in online and printed publications or any public in other media. You release the event sponsor, its officers, employees, contractors and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, web casting, television or other publication of these materials regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by the event host or the person or entity designated to do so by the event host. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability and release before entering the event.