Applying For Press Passes To The Event
If you are a member of the Press and wish to request press passes please use the contact form, or email email@example.com. We have Interview Rooms available for use at the event, if you wish to make use of them please let us know.
Writing About Intervention
Recent Intervention Press Release
Print Resolution Logo
Intervention in the News
What People Are Saying About The Event
WRITING ABOUT INTERVENTION:
Would you like to write about Intervention or interview the team behind it all? Please direct all inquires to Onezumi Hartstein at Onezumi@Onezumi.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
INTERVENTION: GEEKS RETURN TO ROCKVILLE TO INTERVENE AND INSPIRE IN 2012
Noted Artists, Indie Filmmakers, Bloggers, and Educators to grace the country’s premier “Internet Convention”; Founders mark 3rd year of inspiring digital creators.
ROCKVILLE, MD — September 9, 2012 – Intervention, a visionary combination of educational conference plus geek gaming festival returns to Rockville, MD this Sept. 21-23, 2012 for it’s third year. It’s goal? To Intervene and Inspire the whole family to take advantage of the intersection of art and technology. Over 40 guest speakers will attend – and, in keeping with the convention’s focus all of the guests are creators who have made a name for themselves by sharing their creations on the Internet.
Among the guest speakers and events are Shaenon Garrity, an award-winning cartoonist and scriptwriter, H. Caldwell Tanner from CollegeHumor.com, A.J. Rosa, creator of video series My Life With Sega, Cinematic For The People, a live-action bad movie riffing experience, Spacetrawler creator Christopher Baldwin, Cosplay Burlesque, a unique combo of Burlesque and geeky skit comedy, and showings of the hit cult film Harvey Putter and the Ridiculous Premise, Browncoats, Ninjas Vs. Vampires, and more. A Humans vs Zombies LARP, Zombie Dance Party, and fun events for all ages will also take place.
The event’s co-founder, Onezumi Hartstein, said, “[co-founder] James Harknell and I wanted to put together an event that would empower people to take control of their lives by going DIY with the internet and to showcase those who have done so already. We feel that the internet is the present and the future. This is the event for the internet generation.” After successful runs in 2010 and 2011, this year will mark Hartstein’s third time organizing the event.
The convention educational content, children’s programming, board gaming, video gaming, vintage arcade cabinets, an extensive Artist Alley, Live Action Roleplaying, musical performances, and plenty of giveaways. As in past years, there will be a charity auction to benefit the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an international non-profit digital advocacy group that helps to defend civil liberties in the digital space.
Tickets for Intervention 2012 can be bought at https://interventioncon.com for $45 for the full weekend along with single day priced tickets. They may be purchased in advance or at the door.
Low Resolution Photos:
High Resolution Photos:
Click here to download high resolution versions of the above photos.
Here is a 6 inch wide 300 DPI logo in PDF format:
INTERVENTION IN THE NEWS:
– Convention Fans Blog says that Intervention is a Great Marketing Opportunity
– Intervention founders Onezumi and Harknell talk about the event on on CNN.
– The Gazette writes: Intervention provides web comic artists with educational opportunities.
– Intervention founder Onezumi talks about the con and says, “I’m what you’d get if you put Salvador Dali and Beavis and Butthead in a blender with Kermit the Frog”
– Geeking Out About has posted an interview with Onezumi about the con.
– Comics Coast to Coast ep. 125 featured founders Onezumi and Harknell talking about Intervention.
– GeekDad talks about how you should Have an Intervention with Your Kids.
– Dueling Analogs writes about what a great and unique experience our event is.
– GeekMom podcast talks about Intervention!
– Wired.com – Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con
– The Comic Dish interviews Onezumi and Harknell about Intervention
– Examiner – NJ Comic Creators build Intervention Con
– Geeking Out About: Comic Non Sans: Intervention
– Two Guys Talking Webcomics: TGT Webcomics Podcast – Episode 115
– ComixTalk: Meeting in AA During Intervention Doesn’t Mean What You Think
– Art & Story: Episode 145 – The Big Intervention
– Otaku USA Magazine: Friday ACE Episode 24
– Wired Magazine: name checks Interventon.
– ShrinkGeek: CEO-flavored insanity: An interview with Onezumi
– Charm City Current: Giving the Internet An INTERVENTION: A Q&A With Onezumi
– Man vs. Art: Episode 29
– Otaku Generation: Show #273
– The Power Geeks #65
– Wired Article
– Washington City Paper Interview with Onezumi about Intervention.
– Wired.com: Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con Click here to read the Interview.
– “Match made in geek heaven! :D It looks like you guys worked really hard. We appreciate it!” @thinkgeek Twitter
– “I have to say as a rookie with a brand new Webcomic…Intervention was the most intense and perfect education a newbie could EVER hope to get. The panels…incredibly informative. Lots of direct access to the pros…This event was a game changing/life changing event for me. Thank you to all of you who had any hand in this Con!! – Craig Cobalt”
– “I’ve already booked a room for every weekend in 2011 from early September to late October! OK I haven’t yet, but I SHOULD! – Pete Abrams”
– “Is it gonna be in January? I really don’t feel like waiting a whole year for the next one. -Shane McCarthy”
– “Intervention was epic, and the second one can only be better from the sounds of it. Definitely the most fun I’ve had at a con in quite a while. – Phil Gorski”
– “Thank you Oni – this is a very thoughtful and helpful follow-up! I can see why the event was a success, you are very good at what you do! Looking forward to being involved again next year – please stay in touch and keep me posted on the happenings! – Kevin Lyons-Tarr, CEO – 4Imprint.com”
– One attendee even wrote a song about us: http://www.hello-the-future.net/?p=274