Applying For Press Passes To The Event
If you are a member of the Press and wish to request press passes please use the contact form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have Interview Rooms available for use at the event, if you wish to make use of them please let us know.
Would you like to write about Intervention or interview the team behind it all? Please direct all inquires to Onezumi Hartstein at Onezumi@Onezumi.com.
Doctor Who joins forces with Internet Creatives at the Intervention Festival!
Internet + Convention = Intervention, a welcoming event meant to Intervene and Inspire real people to explore art, technology, and to pursue their dreams. Artists, Writers, Podcasts, Filmmakers, Actors, Musicians, and more will be holding interactive events all weekend that you can participate in.
ROCKVILLE, MD — June 22, 2015 – Intervention, a visionary combination of educational conference, art festival, and gaming convention, returns to Rockville, MD this Aug. 14-16, 2015 for its sixth year. Its goal? To Intervene and Inspire the whole family to take advantage of what they can do with art and technology. Many guest speakers will attend, display their work, and teach you how you can do what they do.
Terry Molloy (Doctor Who‘s Davros) will be teaching voice acting classes, Oni Hartstein (marketer, writer, event organizer) will be teaching DIY Marketing for small businesses, Kara Dennison (anime editor, social media manager) will be teaching how to get into the anime industry, and cartoonists Pete Abrams and Joe Wos will be teaching about both the digital and print comics industry. Many more guest speakers are being added each week. (http://interventioncon.com/guests/)
The event’s co-founder, Oni Hartstein, said, “[Co-founder] James Harknell and I wanted to put together an event that would empower people to take control of their lives by going DIY with the internet and to showcase those who have done so already. We feel that the internet is the present and the future. This is the event for the internet generation.” After successful runs in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, this year will mark Hartstein’s sixth time organizing the event.
The convention features educational content, children’s programming, board gaming, video gaming, an extensive art festival, live action roleplaying, musical performances, and plenty of giveaways. The event team will also be donating to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an international non-profit digital advocacy group that helps to defend civil liberties in the digital space.
Tickets for Intervention 6 can be bought at https://interventioncon.com/registration/register-for-intervention/ for the pre-registration price of $40 for the full weekend up until June 28. Afterward, they may be purchased in advance online for $45, or at the door for $50..
Low Resolution Photos:
High Resolution Photos:
Click here to download high resolution versions of the above photos.
Here is a 6 inch wide 300 DPI logo in PDF format:
- The Washington Post: INTERVENTION 2013: Co-founder Oni Hartstein says Maryland convention ‘is my way of giving back’
- All Up Together interviews Oni about the social impact of the con.
- Fan to Pro interviews Oni about the professional aspects of fandom in regard to Intervention.
- Convention Fans Blog says that Intervention is a Great Marketing Opportunity
- Intervention founders Onezumi and Harknell talk about the event on on CNN.
- The Gazette writes: Intervention provides web comic artists with educational opportunities.
- Intervention founder Onezumi talks about the con and says, “I’m what you’d get if you put Salvador Dali and Beavis and Butthead in a blender with Kermit the Frog”
- Geeking Out About has posted an interview with Onezumi about the con.
- Comics Coast to Coast ep. 125 featured founders Onezumi and Harknell talking about Intervention.
- GeekDad talks about how you should Have an Intervention with Your Kids.
- Dueling Analogs writes about what a great and unique experience our event is.
- GeekMom podcast talks about Intervention!
- The Comic Dish interviews Onezumi and Harknell about Intervention
- Examiner – NJ Comic Creators build Intervention Con
- Geeking Out About: Comic Non Sans: Intervention
- Two Guys Talking Webcomics: TGT Webcomics Podcast – Episode 115
- Art & Story: Episode 145 – The Big Intervention
- Otaku USA Magazine: Friday ACE Episode 24
- Wired Magazine: name checks Interventon.
- ShrinkGeek: CEO-flavored insanity: An interview with Onezumi
- Charm City Current: Giving the Internet An INTERVENTION: A Q&A With Onezumi
- Man vs. Art: Episode 29
- Otaku Generation: Show #273
- The Power Geeks #65
- Wired Article
- Washington City Paper Interview with Onezumi about Intervention.
- Wired.com: Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con Click here to read the Interview.
- “Match made in geek heaven! :D It looks like you guys worked really hard. We appreciate it!” @thinkgeek Twitter
- “I have to say as a rookie with a brand new Webcomic…Intervention was the most intense and perfect education a newbie could EVER hope to get. The panels…incredibly informative. Lots of direct access to the pros…This event was a game changing/life changing event for me. Thank you to all of you who had any hand in this Con!! – Craig Cobalt”
- “I’ve already booked a room for every weekend in 2011 from early September to late October! OK I haven’t yet, but I SHOULD! – Pete Abrams”
- “Is it gonna be in January? I really don’t feel like waiting a whole year for the next one. -Shane McCarthy”
- “Intervention was epic, and the second one can only be better from the sounds of it. Definitely the most fun I’ve had at a con in quite a while. – Phil Gorski”
- “Thank you Oni – this is a very thoughtful and helpful follow-up! I can see why the event was a success, you are very good at what you do! Looking forward to being involved again next year – please stay in touch and keep me posted on the happenings! – Kevin Lyons-Tarr, CEO – 4Imprint.com”
- One attendee even wrote a song about us: http://www.hello-the-future.net/?p=274