Applying For Press Passes To The Event
If you are a member of the Press and wish to request press passes please download and fill out the press form and email it to email@example.com.
Would you like to write about Intervention or interview the team behind it all? Please direct all inquires to Oni Hartstein at Onezumi@Onezumi.com.
Intervention, Rockville’s Sci-Fi / Fantasy Convention announces major expansion to its programming and guests for its 7th year
Intervention: The Intersection of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Future Media in Rockville, Maryland is proud to announce a major expansion for its 7th year bringing you a “Dragon Con-style” Sci-Fi and Fantasy experience to the Mid-Atlantic area, but in a smaller, easy to navigate size.
Guests include Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who’s Rory Williams, Legends of Tomorrow’s Rip Hunter), René Auberjonois (Star Trek: DS9’s Odo), Juliet Landau (Buffy’s Drusilla), Thomas Dolby (Professor, Composer, Musician), Gigi Edgley (Farscape’s Chiana), Dwight Schultz (The A-Team’s Howling Mad Murdock, Star Trek’s Lt. Barclay), Todd Haberkorn (Hetalia, Fairy Tail, Star Trek Continues), Robert Axlerod (Power Rangers’ Lord Zedd), Jon St. John (Duke Nukem), David Gerrold (Writer, Star Trek: TOS), and many more actors, authors, filmmakers, webcomics and beyond.
Our programming reflects modern and classic Sci–Fi and Fantasy such as Farscape, Star Trek, Anime, the DC Comics TV Universe, and more multi-genre geekery. This draft grid can be viewed on our website (https://interventioncon.com/programming/programming-descriptions/).
Autograph and Photo Ops will be available all weekend with the celebrity guests in what will be a rare opportunity to meet the guests in a low stress atmosphere and have real conversations. Only 1200 tickets for the con will be sold.
2016 will also see the launch of “Creator Spaces,” a set of half-table spaces offered at no charge where creators can take turns displaying and selling their goods. Intervention also prides itself on being a friendly, welcoming space for fans of all ages and backgrounds. Its harassment policy has served as a basis for many other cons’ policies. It also has a dedicated children’s programming track for families to share.
Intervention 7 takes place September 16-18, 2016 at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville in Rockville, MD. Full weekend tickets are available at the pre-registration rate of $60 until Sept. 2nd 2016. Daily tickets also go on sale Sept. 2nd, 2016. Full Weekend Tickets at the door are $65. For more information about the event or to register, visit www.interventioncon.com.
Here is a 6 inch wide 300 DPI logo in PDF format:
– The Washington Post: INTERVENTION 2013: Co-founder Oni Hartstein says Maryland convention ‘is my way of giving back’
– All Up Together interviews Oni about the social impact of the con.
– Fan to Pro interviews Oni about the professional aspects of fandom in regard to Intervention.
– Convention Fans Blog says that Intervention is a Great Marketing Opportunity
– Intervention founders Onezumi and Harknell talk about the event on on CNN.
– The Gazette writes: Intervention provides web comic artists with educational opportunities.
– Intervention founder Onezumi talks about the con and says, “I’m what you’d get if you put Salvador Dali and Beavis and Butthead in a blender with Kermit the Frog”
– Geeking Out About has posted an interview with Onezumi about the con.
– Comics Coast to Coast ep. 125 featured founders Onezumi and Harknell talking about Intervention.
– GeekDad talks about how you should Have an Intervention with Your Kids.
– Dueling Analogs writes about what a great and unique experience our event is.
– GeekMom podcast talks about Intervention!
– The Comic Dish interviews Onezumi and Harknell about Intervention
– Examiner – NJ Comic Creators build Intervention Con
– Geeking Out About: Comic Non Sans: Intervention
– Two Guys Talking Webcomics: TGT Webcomics Podcast – Episode 115
– Art & Story: Episode 145 – The Big Intervention
– Otaku USA Magazine: Friday ACE Episode 24
– Wired Magazine: name checks Interventon.
– ShrinkGeek: CEO-flavored insanity: An interview with Onezumi
– Charm City Current: Giving the Internet An INTERVENTION: A Q&A With Onezumi
– Man vs. Art: Episode 29
– Otaku Generation: Show #273
– The Power Geeks #65
– Wired Article
– Washington City Paper Interview with Onezumi about Intervention.
– Wired.com: Intervention Con: Replicating the Online Experience in a Con Click here to read the Interview.
– “Match made in geek heaven! :D It looks like you guys worked really hard. We appreciate it!” @thinkgeek Twitter
– “I have to say as a rookie with a brand new Webcomic…Intervention was the most intense and perfect education a newbie could EVER hope to get. The panels…incredibly informative. Lots of direct access to the pros…This event was a game changing/life changing event for me. Thank you to all of you who had any hand in this Con!! – Craig Cobalt”
– “I’ve already booked a room for every weekend in 2011 from early September to late October! OK I haven’t yet, but I SHOULD! – Pete Abrams”
– “Is it gonna be in January? I really don’t feel like waiting a whole year for the next one. -Shane McCarthy”
– “Intervention was epic, and the second one can only be better from the sounds of it. Definitely the most fun I’ve had at a con in quite a while. – Phil Gorski”
– “Thank you Oni – this is a very thoughtful and helpful follow-up! I can see why the event was a success, you are very good at what you do! Looking forward to being involved again next year – please stay in touch and keep me posted on the happenings! – Kevin Lyons-Tarr, CEO – 4Imprint.com”
– One attendee even wrote a song about us: http://www.hello-the-future.net/?p=274