Artists and Vendors are both located in the same Exhibition Room.
The hours for the Vendor and Artist’s room will be:
Friday: 2pm to 8pm
Saturday: 10am to 7pm
Sunday: 10am to 3pm
Information for exhibitors: Please read carefully all of the FAQ entries and Terms and Conditions on this page–your submission is your acknowledgment that you accept them.
Tables are $50. You must also purchase a con membership, which is $30. The total cost is $80.00.
Intervention Vendors Room/Artist Alley Benefits:
Artist’s and Vendors are located in the same Exhibition Room. We offer some benefits that no other con offers it’s artists. Here is a list of everything you will receive when you purchase your table:
- A 6 ft. X 30in. table:
- Setup time: Nothing is more annoying than setting up your table when customers are milling about. We are allowing for you to set up behind closed doors before the customers enter the room.
- A locked place to store your wares overnight: There is no reason you should be hauling boxes back and forth. We want you to have fun while you are here. The Exhibition Rooml will have defined opening and closing times so that you can leave your stuff behind overnight.
- Free promotion for your work: Your name, a link to your website or store, a thumbnail of your artwork (if provided to us), and a short description of your wares will be listed in an easy to read way on the Intervention website. If they miss you at the con, they can look you up here after the con. We want to advertise how awesome you are. This is how we do things here.
- An extra spotlight: If you are seen online promoting Intervention with clickable links to our site we will be featuring you on the main Intervention blog. We can often see you linking to us, but feel free to email us and tell us about it to ensure that we see you and can give you the props you deserve…and more eyes on your work.
- An unhurried registration atmosphere: We are not going to force you to camp out to get your registration in. This is a curated Exhibition Room, so everyone has a chance – not just the people who stayed up to midnight and clicked really fast.
- Your own registration desk: There is no reason you should wait in the attendee registration line. You will be able to pick your con badge and/or Artist or Vendor’s badge up at the same time in your own area.
Vendors and Artist’s FAQ:
Q: How do I register for a table?
A: Registration is now open. Please review the terms of service on this page below and use the application form to submit your table request. NOTE: This is not land-grab. We will be curating this Exhibition Room so that there is a diverse mixture of artists and vendors. This will not be a race to see who clicks the fastest.
Q: Hey, I’m new. Do I even have a chance of getting into this thing?
A: Of course! We are not screening new people out. You folks are part of what makes this scene so great. We want to ensure that there is a diverse range of products and that the Exhibition Room is not limited to who stayed awake in front of their computer clicking the mouse.
Q: How big are the artist tables?
A:They will be 6 ft tables. You also get 2 chairs.
Q: How much do tables cost?
A: $50.00. You must also purchase a con membership, which is $30. The total cost is $80.00.
Q: How many tables can I buy?
A: 1 per person. If you are a group of creators and want to coordinate your table purchases we will accommodate that through the application process.
Q: Does the table price include convention registration?
A: No, convention registration must be purchased separately from the table. You cannot just pay for a table by itself and get into the con. You may buy up to 2 registrations with your table at our $30 con rate at the time of table payment.
Q: Can I sit next to my friends?
A: We will try our best to accommodate seating requests, but this must be articulated to us when you apply for you table. We cannot move tables around the day of the con.
Exhibition Room Terms and Conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions for submitting for, and purchasing a table, in the Vendor’s Room/Artist Alley at Intervention 2011.
1) We’re doing something different with the Vendor’s Room/Artist Alley at Intervention. As opposed to a “land grab” where the fastest clicker gets a table, we will be taking applications and reviewing each one to see how your presence can add to the overall experience of the con. We aren’t basing our decision solely on your “skill level”, but on what you as a presence can do to bring exciting items and services to our con attendees, so both newbies and veterans are encouraged to apply.
2) On the application is a section where you tell us what you will be selling or doing at the con at your table. Honestly, this is to prevent some scammers from getting tables at the con. What we’d like is a general overview of what you will be bringing (so telling us you sell t-shirts with your own designs, or you do portraits of people in their costumes, or you sell jewelery are things we want to know). Also, we expect to see a link to your store site or where you advertise your wares online. We’ll be up front here–if all you do is copy other people’s artwork you won’t get a table–and if you try to snow job us and show up with a ton of knock off prints you won’t get a spot. We aren’t against fan art, but if you aren’t really doing anything special there’s a good shot you won’t get in, so don’t waste our time or yours.
3) Your table purchase gives you one (1) 6 foot table and 2 chairs. Due to space constraints we are unable to sell more than one table per entity.
4) You may NOT subdivide a table without submitting information on this application for ALL members of the table in terms of sales items or services. So, in other words, you can, as a collective, buy a table, but your listing of items and services has to outline all members of the collective.
5) Your table purchase does not include con registration as part of the $50 table cost. Cost for registration is $30 per person, with a maximum of two (2) total registrations purchasable as part of this application. You can of course buy additional badges through the regular site registration system.
6) As part of your registration Intervention will, if you wish, place your name (or company name) along with a clickable HTML link to your site, on the main Intervention website as part of the listing of Vendor/Artist Alley participants. You will also be listed, again if you wish, within the con book.
7) Vendors / Artist Alley participants may not engage in music, speech, or other endeavors which disrupt the general peace of the location. In other words, no shouting, blasting of music, or other disruptive actions. You also may not “poach” customers from other tables by attempting to get their attention in an aggressive manner. Let’s all play fair. Breaking of this rule will get you one warning. Further disruptions will result in removal from the Exhibition Hall permanently with no refund given.
8) Intervention may use audio and/or video recording devices to record the Exhibition Room for promotional or commercial use. By applying to be a part of the Exhibition Room you agree to allow Intervention to use your likeness and any recorded footage/audio of your actions in the Exhibition Room now and in perpetuity for any promotional, commerce, archival, or educational uses.
9) You may not take or appropriate chairs or other resources of other Exhibition Room participants without gaining clearance from the Exhibition Room coordinator. You may also not have regular attendees of Intervention behind your table without first gaining clearance from the Exhibition Room coordinator. In other words, don’t grab other things from other tables, and you can’t have a ton of people behind your table who aren’t a part of your defined group. We’re flexible though, so if you talk to the Exhibition Room coordinator first we’ll allow someone to watch your table for you if that’s what you need–note though we can also provide Loss Prevention representatives to help with this issue.
10) We are not copyright cops and take no responsibility for your items. You are responsible for any and all legal issues that arise out of your items for sale. We will follow all laws of the U.S.A. and Maryland though, so please make sure you are aware of those laws.
11) Adult items and images of a sexual nature should be displayed in a manner that minimizes their exposure to minors. Images and items should be placed in books, boxes, or under protective cover with clear labeling that announces their 18+ content. Failure to properly keep minors away from 18+ items will get you a warning, with a second offense potentially leading to your removal from the Exhibition Room with no refund. In other words, let’s not be stupid and try to sell things to kids that they shouldn’t see or buy.
12) Electricity. By default you will not have access to electrical outlets. If you absolutely need one please let us know and we can contact the Hilton for a price quote on setting this up. This is entirely up to them and their pricing. You would have to make a contract with them for these services (but we can assist with setting this up).
13) Illegal items. You may not sell any items that are illegal or regulated in the U.S.A and Maryland. This includes (but not limited to): Firearms, Tobacco, Alcohol, Prescription drugs, Illegal drugs, etc. Also, you can’t sell food or candy, the hotel prohibits those items from being sold.
14) Refunds: Refunds for table and registration purchases will be paid back in full if we receive a cancellation request anytime before 3 days before the con ( by September 13th 2011). After that point no refunds will be provided.
15) To take possession of your table at the con you need to bring official government issued identification. Please note that you must be 18 years or older, or have a parent or guardian in attendance to sign for you if you are under that age–this is also true for submitting your application in the first place–contract law requires adult acceptance of all of these terms and conditions.
16) All displays must be free standing and can’t encroach into attendee walk path areas or other vendor space. You also can’t attach things to the walls or mess up the floors. Leave the hammer and nails at home.
17) If we missed something we may add new terms and conditions at a later time (sorta doubtful though)–but if we do you will be informed of this and can choose to retract your application for a full refund if you disagree with the revision or change.
Exhibition Room Submission Form
Please fill out all parts of the form that are marked “required”. Please note you need to check the “accept terms and conditions” box AND uncheck the other box to submit the form. (the second box is an anti-spam measure)