Our Children’s Programming is organized by art teacher Corinne Simmers and will will be comprised of panels and workshops where parents and kids can work on creative projects together.
Art Supplies, Games, and other materials will be available during the panels, no need to bring your own (unless you’d like to).
Children’s Programming for Intervention 5
Overall Theme for this year: Land of the Lost: Steampunk Style
Friday: Drawing Board
– This evening will be opened for exploration of Medias that we will be using for the weekend; Such as moldable clay, paint, crayons, markers, Paper Mache’, etc. All these Medias will aide in the creation of creatures, sets, and contraptions.
– We will also invite children to work on concept ideas for their steampunk dinosaurs
Saturday: It’s Alive!
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Set Building/ Creature making
During this time we will work on building our creatures and set for the stop motion movie. This will include:
– Paper Mache’ Volcano
– Building/ molding dinosaurs using different media.
– Set painting and building.
1:00 -2:00 pm – Lunch Break (Room Closed)
2:00-5:00 pm- Science Creations!
– We will do our egg drop containers and egg drop within this time. We will try the boiled vinegar eggs to make some bouncy elastic eggs too.
– Mentos, diet coke, baking soda, and vinegar for volcano action.
– More to be announced!
5:00-6:00pm- Dinner Break
6:00-8:00 pm: Glow in the Dark Party
– Try out our first cooking project of glow in the dark jello.
– Make Lava Lamps.
– Glow stick and Black lights; play with glow in the dark paint.
Sunday: Lights, Camera, Action!
This day will be the day the kids will make their movie using stop motion, as well as explore voice acting to add into the movie.
This is our epic game day, if you have any game ideas let us know!